Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Theme Days

(Back Row, L-R: Anita Pilgrim, Christine Plank, Shelley Oseil, Cheryl Young, Cynthia Eden, Sue Haskell. Front Row, L-R: Lynn Haskell, Cheryl Randall, Sharon Jones).

Many camps seemed to have theme days, or a theme for the entire week.

Here are a few of the girls staff members from 1988, participating in "Backwards Day" for the camp that was in. (Sorry for the pre-digital photo quality). Oh the things we'd do at camp that we wouldn't do anywhere else!

What theme day memories do you have from your time at camp?

5 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

Hilarious picture! I couldn't even recognize Anita. I thought she was Bridget!

I hated the theme days. We're still doing them at music camp and I still hate them!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if it was a Christmas theme day, or just an evening activity, but does anyone remember Santa & his elf visiting Jr. Music Camp in the early '80's?

I believe Glen Reynolds was Santa and Dale Haskell was his elf, and they rode around in the bucket of a front end loader.

Anyone remember this?

kathryn said...

i remember 'hippie day' in the mid 90s. . Rob brought an afro wig and a tie-dye shirt. John Kissack wore his tam. . anyone remember that hat of his?*it had the bozo the clown red hair attached to the tartan hat?!* He was a Scottish hippie!

J9 said...

I think I actually posted a pic of Mr. K wearing that wig/tam on this site...too funny!!

My most vivid memory of a "theme" day at music camp, was one of the infamous "backwards day's", when my cousin Don Rayment wore his underwear on top of his pants...

Anonymous said...

I never cared for theme days, but I do remember Jr. Music camp when we went out on the hayride and the SWAMP MAN would come chasing us!!!!