Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A long time since we've added anything

So here we are in 2008! Winter has set in here in Edmonton. No doubt some of you have less dramatic winters. Did you ever go to Selkirk in the winter? Walk through the snow leaving a private path for others to find? Did you see the snowmobile tracks running out to the back?

Winter along the shores of Lake Erie can be a bit tough - huge pieces of ice pushing up on the shore. There was a piece of an I beam concreted into the ground that the ice twisted like a pretzel. Winter can be tough.

Winter can be beautiful too - smooth drifts along the buildings and accenting Selkirk green!

What surprised me most was discovering that one of our neighbours cut down a pine tree to use at Christmas! At least he could have asked?!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was having 'winter camp' thoughts before Christmas, but never ended up blogging about it.

I've never been to Camp in the winter, but I did attend a Junior Youth Councils 'day only' event in the fall several years ago. Camp was beautiful in the fall too, especially the forest at the back, by the Guide camp.

Fred and Wendy said...

So are we the only two visiting here now? Should we keep posting - I had almost forgotten about this with all that is going on and the mass exodus to facebook.

Sherri Lavender said...

Glenn and I went back one winter and went out onto the lake, which was mostly frozen solid. I think we even have a picture or two somewhere. I do remember saving Glenn's life when he got a "soaker"!

Sue Matthews said...

I'm still visiting, I just can't think of anything new to post.

I, unfortunately, never made it to camp in the winter. I remember being there in the fall so it must be the same thing my sister is talking about.

I think it would have looked great in any season!

Anonymous said...

I went to a Womens retreat in the winter.We skated on the pool.Something my dad never did.

DonnaHaskell