Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Canada Day Celebrations


Remember Canada Day celebrations? Right on the lawn south of the auditorium we would gather from all around the division to picnic together and sing O Canada...and at one time, God save the Queen/King was included.


Our first summer as DY's the septic system failed...timing is everything...and in the middle of O Canada the sewage truck arrived to pump out the septic well. Beep, beep, beep...as it backed up to the well. "What a lovely smell" was the additional comment.


Happy Canada Day to you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Canada Day Picnic!!!! It was the begining of summer and catching up with everyone you missed through the winter.
Working at camp I remember the HUGE Ice Cream Sundae we made one year.
Also the baseball tournaments were entertaining!!!

Sue Matthews said...

I had forgotten about the picnic! It was so much fun. I must have missed the year with the septic problems but I was there for many other exciting years. I remember the big sundae, I was probably on staff that year too. Miss those days.

Anonymous said...

Camp Selkirk would have celebrated its 60th anniversary yesterday.July1st always brings back a lot of memories of camp.Friends,ballgames.
Picnicing from early morning til late in the evening.Just being out in the fresh air.

Happy Anniversary Camp Selkirk.

Donna Haskell

Anonymous said...

I miss not being able to pass that tradition on to my children!