Monday, February 12, 2007

Holiday Camps

After Junior Music Camp the schedule turned to five excellent outreach camps. First there were two "Mom's and Tot's" camps, then three Holiday Camps. During our time Ruth Teakle led the Program on these and did an outstanding job of providing care and counsel to some wonderful children.
There were some challenges too...but those we won't put into print today.
These children with their counsellors are back from the pool and getting ready for the next activity.
Can you name the counsellors?

4 comments:

Sue Matthews said...

The counselor on the right is definitely Sajah Fox. I'm not sure about the other one!

Anonymous said...

This picture is from the summer of 93. What ever happened to Sajah? Does anyone still hear from her? The other staff member is Tracey. She was the Assistant Program Director to Sharon Jones. Tracey was very cool! Such a prankster!

Krista said...

I miss you Sajah!!! I hope someone directs you to this site!

93 was the only summer that I worked at Selkirk - Sajah and I were co-counsellors. Hearing Mike Eden say "toothpaste" and our favorite prayer request from one of our campers "please pray for Poppa" were among the many highlights of the summer for me!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Sajah is married and living in Hamilton if I'm not mistaken. Pretty sure she went to McMaster for school. I have her brother Kyle as a friend on facebook.com ... so I can easily track her down!

I also have pictures for Senior Music Camp 1990 and 1994. I'll scan them and forward them on to Fred.