Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Hostage taken to the flag pole

I am really at a loss to remember what started this. I know the women at Junior Music Camp were being teased about something...what was it? At any rate the teaser was Martin Vize. In revenge Martin was awoken by a group of women, tied up still in his sleeping bag and taken to the flag pole where he was secured for everyone to see as they awoke.
The name of Debbie Williams is attached to this in my memory, but I might be mistaken.
Are you out there Debbie? Remember this? Who else was in on this?
I have to add that Martin took this stride and was a very good sport about it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie & Ted Williams email address is: williamszoo6@rogers.com. They attend Guelph corps.

Jennifer Pearson

Anonymous said...

I don't think that was my dad Martin but my Uncle Edgar that got tied to the flag pole! But they do look similar!

Anney said...

I think I was there that year - it seems strangely familiar. I think Debbie was even my counsellor one year, that might have been it.
I recall someone else being tied to the flagpole and "nair"ed - I am thinking Ron Pearson, but I can't remember 100%. Camp memories tend to blur somewhat.

Anonymous said...

Yes Mandi,

This is Edgar. If anyone would like to here the story behind him getting tied to the flag pole. Then, I will have to get Sharon to put a blog in about it. She tells it very well.

I do thank Edgar for the lesson he taught me. NEVER MESS WITH THE WOMEN ON JMC FACULTY!

Gwyneth said...

Flagpoles...does anyone else remember Ray and Jason brushing their teeth in the morning at the flagpole and Ray playing "We're not gonna take it.." on his instrument???

Anonymous said...

Yes it's Edgar. During evening snack time he decided to "put his foot in his mouth" and didn't stop until 2:00 a.m. when he referred to me by saying "she may not win every race but she's still a pretty good horse". The women then decided to plot against him, including myself, and the water bucket hit him at 6:00 a.m., he was dragged from his bed and tied to the flag pole. Thank you Debbie!

Anonymous said...

interesting read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.