Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Welcome to Camp Selkirk Days blog!

We are pulling people in from all across Canada and now Bermuda! (Hello Major Betty Ann Lewis) Since beginning this blog on February 4th we have had over a thousand hits and almost 7000 page views. Today our total was 86 hits alone. Word is out on Camp Selkirk Days blog!

Hello to all the former DYS's as well as those who worked at Selkirk! People are forwarding photos at an alarming rate, but I will try and get them up as we go. Keep putting out the word on Camp Selkirk Days blog!

Oh - one more thing for those of you who are looking and haven't commented yet - hit the comment button below and let us know you are out there!

Here's a few that came from Christine (Morrison) Gedcke.

Once again we issue the challenge: can you name the faces below? can you put a year to them?

11 comments:

J9 said...

Hey! It's the Toast Queen and the Butter Princess in the 2nd photo!!

Anonymous said...

Is that Lauren in the 1st and 3rd pictures? She was a councellor in 94 - my last year working at Selkirk. I don't remember those staff shirts (3rd pic) from 94 though...did she come back the following year? I think she was from Newfie Land, no?

J9 said...

These shots look to me like 1995 - anyone else? Yes, I think that's Lauren, I recognise the face, but I'm not always good with the names. I see Mable (sorry, Lindsay!) in at least one of those photos...

Christine Morrison Gedcke said...

Yup,
That is Lauren, and it is 1995.

Gwyneth said...

Has anyone been in contact with the Garcia's? That's Norm Garcia up there. It would be neat to talk to them again too. Jon Evans is the one in the chair pic, and the last pic is me and Lindsay.(Sorry...It still seems weird to not be Mabel!:-)

barley bun said...

Nicknames - see if you can figure them out "yes/no", Mabel

Remember when we turned Wayne's head completely red!

Waterfights!!

A flat horn

naked trampoline jumps

Just a rumor - something about angels - blue ones I think someone said......

barley bun said...

Hey this is Norm! - two other remembrances

Hayrides where we plastered people with food!

En Francais!!

Christine Morrison Gedcke said...

Didn't mike catch fire with his blue angel?

J9 said...

Wasn't I "Yes/no"? Norm was "Not-a-woman", and I remember Lois was "High-isn't"...
(I don't think I can print Mike Eden's nickname, it wouldn't be politically correct!)

I also remember the spaghetti hayride...also remember people not being particularly amused by it! (at least, those who got doused in wet, cold spaghetti!)

Norm, good to hear from ya! How's things in New York?

Anonymous said...

Well the first picture is ME!! As well as Lauren Roberts from Newfoundland.

Gwyneth said...

I believe the blue angel that caught fire was Glenn Lavendar (Sorry Sherri I had to bring it up) Wasn't he also able to belch the entire alphabet?
Norm...good to hear from you. I hope things are good in the US. I wasn't going to get into rumors like "Naked trampoline jumps" but I have heard many "skinny dippin' in the pool rumours" myself. Mostly it involved afterhours boys staff.