Friday, March 16, 2007

Bermudian Invasion!

Does anyone remember the year the Hamilton Citadel youth band from Bermuda came to Senior Music Camp? I think it must have been somewhere around 1980. (I was a faculty brat at the time)

What I do remember is that the Hayward family was there, including Winslow Hayward (Kevin's father). I was so young, that the name "Winslow" did not register with me as being a first name, I kept calling him "Mr. Winslow"! We took them all to Niagara Falls on one of the days, and the Bermudian contingent even hosted a Bermudian trivia night at camp. I remember one of the questions: "What colour is the sand in Bermuda?" Can anyone tell me the answer?

Does anyone have any photos from that year? If you send them in, we'll be sure to post them!

4 comments:

Sue-Ann said...

The sand in Bermuda is pink (at least at one of the beaches anyway)

Anonymous said...

We had the Bermuda Youth Band on the Sunday in St. Catharines. My dad had Winslow preach the sermon. No one understood a word! He spoke so quickly everyone was lost! It was great!!!

That was a fun week. I was a camper - - loved every minute of it.

We had been stationed in Bermuda when I was younger and had been friends with a lot of the people who were in the band. It was great to get together with them again.

Unfortunately, I don't have one picture!!!

J9 said...

You are correct, Sue-Ann, the answer is "pink"!

Anonymous said...

Sue-Ann, if you remember our trip to Bermuda, you would remember that we drove to Tucker's Town, underneath the arches on the beach to get the pink sand that we brought home (hope no one from customs reads this!!)in the lg margarine container, along with "Tiny" the dead treefrog1